This classic North Indian Recipe has delicious taste and very traditional flavor. Dahi Vada is made of urad dal and is deep-fry in the form of dumplings which is then soaked in water. The main taste is of beaten curd and many spices which gives dahi vada a great yummy taste. In some part of North India this is called Dahi Vada and another Dahi Bhalla, enjoy its taste with sweet chutney.
Ingredients of Dahi Vada
|No||Ingredient Name||Quantity||Measuring Type|
Red Chili Powder
Black Pepper Powder
- First rinse urad dal and then soak it into water for overnight. After it drain all excess water.
- Now place whole dal in large grinder jar and grind urad dal into smooth paste by adding 1-2 tablespoon. Do not add much water otherwise batter will turn watery.
- Put the batter into a large bowl and add crushed green chili-ginger and salt to taste, mix well.
- Beat and stir batter until it turns light, this batter should be thick lumpy. This step will help vada to be soft and fluffy after deep-frying.
- Heat oil in a deep pan and when it is heated, take small portion of batter and drop into the oil and drop 4-5 at a time. Fry them until light brown and crispy.
- Take all vada out from oil and transfer into lukewarm water. Soak them for 10- 15 minutes, then the vada will turn soft.
- Now take them out from water and gently press between your palm and remove excess water.
- Take beaten curd and add some sugar and salt.
- In a deep serving plate take 4-5 pieces of vada. Now pour good amount of curd, 2 teaspoon sweet chutney then sprinkle red chili powder, roasted cumin powder and black pepper powder.
- Form garnishing dahi vada you can use chopped coriander leaves and serve it.