Welcome to our tech magazine. If you are an older gamer who got caught up in nostalgia and wants to experience the classic DOS games era then you have come to the right place.You just need the right apps and steps to make them work on your new PC.
For Windows users the way to make an older game run might be as easy as placing the .exe file and double clicking on it but the file will either not run or run so fast that the game will be unplayable. There are many solutions for this problem but the best choice possible is a DOS Box. It is pretty much the standard app for playing old games on modern computers.
Using DOSBox is very simple, just do these steps:
1. Download DOS Box.
2. Follow the on screen instructions to install.
3. Make a folder where you will keep your games for example RETRO.
4. Transfer the games to the RETRO folder and keep each game in their own sub folder.
5. Start DOS Box and you will see a terminal which says Z:\> . Here you will need to tell DOS Box which drive it can access. For this you have to type: MOUNT C C:\RETRO and press Enter.
6. Type in C: and press enter, you’ll be inside the folder.
7. Type in CD name where NAME is the name of the folder where the game is in and press enter.
8. You need to run the executable which is in this case it was doom.exe so type doom and press enter.
9. To find that file you might need to search for executable. For that all you have to do is type dir.exe and press enter.
10. If the game is playing too gradually you can speed it up by pressing the CTRL and F12 key at the same time. Press CTRL and F11 at the same time if you happen to seen that the game is playing too fast,
To get more updates on tech news do visit this space daily.