Spamming is the biggest threat to cyber world, with risks like Do-not-ignore-this.email within your web browser Internet Explorer, Firefox and Google Chrome. If you’re coming across any ads or notifications saying the afore-mentioned, then your computer has been infected with an adware or a potentially unwanted program.
This adware is installed through an ad-supported extension for various web browsers which is distributed through several websites during installation. In this post, we’ll discuss how to remove the Do-not-ignore-this.email pop-up virus.
Using Task Manager
- Right-click the taskbar
- Tap Start Task Manager.
- Press Ctrl+Alt+Del and click on Task Manager
- Choose the Processes tab to check the list of all running processes
- Click Show processes from all users.
- Go through the list till you come across your web browser’s process
- Left-click on it.
- Once you have selected the browser’s process, hit the End Process button.
- After clicking the End Process button, Task Manager will confirm if you want to terminate.
- Press the Yes button to confirm.
Reset your Web Browser
Open Internet Explorer
- Tap the “gear icon” .
- Hit Internet Options.
- Click on the “Advanced” tab from the “Internet Options” dialog box
- Hit the “Reset” button.
- From the “Reset Internet Explorer settings” section, choose the “Delete personal settings” check box.
- Now click on “Reset” button.
- Click the Firefox menu button.
- Hit the “Help” button.
- Choose Troubleshooting Information.
- Click the “Reset Firefox” button from the “Troubleshooting Information” page.
- Again click the “Reset Firefox” button from the new confirmation window that opens.
- Click on “Finish“.
- Hit the “Chrome menu button” (Chrome menu) on the browser toolbar.
- Choose “Settings“, and click on “Extensions“.
- Within the “Extensions” tab, remove unwanted extensions.
- Go to advanced settings.
- Reset your browser.
After following these tips, you could easily remove the Do-not-ignore-this.email pop-up virus.