With the release and successful million downloads of Windows 10, you might be troubled with lot of updates and patched to the vulnerabilities from the software developers. Also, since Microsoft has ensured that software on the new OS should be automatically installed, you’re left with no choice, but apply the patches.
However, if these updates are constantly hindering your work and lowering your efficiency by getting stuck in the middle, then there’s a way to deal with such a situation. In this post we’ll discuss tips to deal with the situation.
Here are the tips:
- In case, you’re constantly getting stuck with the updates, then there is likely to be a problem with your internet connection. In that case, you need to check your internet connection and reset the router settings, if it’s not working properly.
- You could also use the Command prompt to solve this issue. For this press Start button, type cmd and press enter, now open the command prompt by right clicking Run as Administrator.
- After this, you need to enter the command that will stop the update, by typing net stop wuauserv and hitting enter. Again you need to type net stop bits and hit enter again. The update would get stop, and now you need to close the command prompt window.
- Now go to the windows explorer and open C:\windows\software distribution. In this, you will find various files within the folder, which you need to delete. In case, the error appears saying that those files are in use, then you need to reboot your system and try this again.
- Now that the update has been automatically stopped and the software distribution folder’s contents and files have been deleted, then you need to just reboot your PC and run Windows Update again.
- For doing this, go to control panel, type Settings into the Start Menu, open the Action center, select Update & Security>Check for Updates. Now this time, the process won’t get stuck.
After following these tips, you could easily fix the windows update.